View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 11:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Friday (8/23) I had my last "authorized" (by WC) PT appointment. It was a terrible appointment. He had students there and he asked me to talk to them about my condition even though I felt like crap. Then he demonstrated the hot-cold therapy, even though we had previously discussed that I don't want to do that anymore. I felt helpless at the time with all those people watching over me, so I just took it. The cold hurt sooooo bad. I argued with him a bit over the logic behind this treatment, then he told me it was my last authorized appointment, and that he has to report I've made no progress yet. Well as of today I still haven't been authorized for more PT, everything moves so slow with Worker's comp... really delays treatment. I still have primary insurance from my employer while I am on medical leave, and I might have to start using it more, even though money is tight.

Anyway, I've had one of the most horrible weeks of pain of my life the past week, capped off by yesterday, which was like torture, writhing around in bed, almost went to the hospital. Now today I'm even more concerned, because I feel uncomfortable electricity/tingling up the front of my leg on that purple line I talked about in the original post. It's not painful yet, just annoying, but it's how the now very painful area started. It is happening right now as I write this, nonstop, sitting or standing (laying down is a bit better). Is the CRPS spreading? What should I do? I have another appointment with my pain doc on 9/12 and I think I'll go for the lumbar sympathetic blocks even though I am afraid of them based on what happened after my last nerve block. I'm getting scared I feel like I have no control over this at all. I've been so diligent with everything and it just keeps getting worse.

Last edited by vividDC; 09-03-2013 at 12:44 PM.
vividDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote