View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 05:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

If I had to guess...work comp is waiting for your appointment with the doctor on 9/12 before approving any more PT. I was lucky with my doctor who was overseeing my care in that she approved as much PT as I needed and didn't wait for additional appointments with me before sending on her approval for more...which the insurance company just went with.

I am SO angry that the physical therapist did this to you...especially after you guys had already discussed not doing it any more. I do not doubt at all that your current pain levels are a direct result of that horrible treatment.

If it's really bad...go to the ER...but don't expect a lot from them. If they can help break the cycle of pain then that may help you...but they're not equipped to or meant to deal with chronic pain conditions. Most of the time I usually regret even bothering to go to the ER because they just don't do much to help me...nothing really. But at least it documents that I was in enough pain to go...whatever that is worth.

I would definitely speak to your doctor on the 12th (or sooner if you can get in sooner) about this spreading pain you are having. Talk with them specifically about what you should do when you have these pain spikes, what specifically you should be doing in physical therapy, what the treatment options are, and what your goals are as far as treatment goes. Your doctor should be your greatest partner in this struggle and you need to have the sort of relationship where you are comfortable asking these questions and discussing these things...and they proving answers and being active participants in the discussions about your health.

Take care...I hope your pain levels go down soon. My first step when pain levels start to rise is a hot bath with Epsom salts, followed by some lidocaine cream or Lidoderm patches, and rest.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
vividDC (09-09-2013)