View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 10:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bny806 View Post
have you tried the Cpap? DOes it seem to make you feel better? When I was having an exacerbation a few months ago and I think my night breathing was pretty bad, i was SOOO exhausted in the day time.. fell asleep the second I sat down etc... but now am totally fine again as far as that goes..

the hypoapenic events I was curious about - my dr said it was all normal.. but do "normal" people have any of those events?

My PFT's are usually in the upper 80's since I started IVIG - which is quite a bit better than they were when I got admitted into the hospital. (I had scoliosis surgery as a kid, so the couple of times they have tested PFT's before i was "sick" they were bad.. so I think upper 80's is normal for me).

Hope your getting some relief.. are they going to start you on mestinon or something?
Still waiting for my CPA to be delivered. My pulmonologist only works in the office part of the week--she teaches at the University as well. I'm hopeful they will get the prescription, insurance authorization and deliver it tomorrow.

The tech at the sleep center said my polysonogram showed I had "severe" apnea...but my research puts 28.8 incidents per hour at moderate--the threshold of "severe" is 30. They counted the hypopnea events as well as the central apnea and obstructive apnea events. A total of over 5 events puts you in the mild apnea range. 5-15 is mild, 15-30 is moderate. 30 or more is severe, per my research. In addition, I had 14 on the sleepiness scale. Over 12 is severe on that I think.

My PFT's were normal. I have some hypoventilation from what my pulmunologist called "weak respiratory muscles." With that and the hypopnea I was wondering if it could be the MG affecting me.

I go back to the optho-neurologist in two weeks and am going to ask him about trying mestinon. I'm thinking he won't diagnose me with MG because the single fiber EMG wasn't conclusive.

Susan
Online User is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote