View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 05:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello Esthersdolls,

first I would like to tell you that I am very happy you found a solution...hope you will still improve as treatment goes along and that you will regain your life back!

I have a few questions relating to growth hormone deficiency evaluation: did they test you to start with igf-1 or did they do a provocative test right away?

I just read that the "pre-test" (igf-1 value) might be often normal even in poeple with a known deficiency.But for my endocrino since i had a normal value (243: cut off value is 200 for a 43 years old), no provocative test was done.

He then decided to treat my thyroid gland as being "hypo" although the values were close to normal, because of my symtoms (extreme fatigue, cognitive dysfonction (add), weight gain, inability to exercises...since 3 years and 1/2 after my accident)

I am only one week into synthroid treatment , and so far i do not feel very welll and keep wondering if the growth hormone provocative test would have revealed a deficiency...

What improvements did you see and what was your most striking symptoms since the accident?

thank you for taking the time to respond!

pepa-still-looking-for-a-solution
pepa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote