View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 07:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanc View Post
I looked online and my congressman is Eric Cantor...not sure how much help they will be, but anything is worth a try right? Glad yours was able to help you. I spoke to my PCP this morning (I sent her a copy of the denial), she said she has seen it many times, they pick out the few positives in a few of the visit notes and use them for the denial. I am just not sure what more I could send in the next appeal since they already have everything. I sure as heck will point out the "negatives" they decided to ignore in the dr notes. I will try Cantor's office and see what help they can offer. Thanks for the tip!

The good thing is that I am to start receiving SSD next month and my husband is through with the gov't furloughs. I used my 401k money to refinance our house to make it affordable and my husband sold his truck and my car is paid for. I am not able to drive anyway. We will be fine once the SSD starts and as long as he keeps his job But, as I said earlier, SSD is about 35% of my pay, where STD/LTD would have been 60%!

Thanks again!
I actually do work for Cantor's party. My fear would be is that the insurance company is his constituent. But, don't let that stop you from contacting his staff. It would be interesting to see what effort and or guidance they will give you. We were able to save our house from my wife's SSDI settlement and medicare. Still our bills amounted to many thousands of dollars. We just sold our home of 15 years last June, walking away with nearly a quarter million and walking away from a major battle that lasted nearly 8 years. All debts are paid. Stress has been reduced substantially. Nanc, one thing I've noticed in ourselves is that one can get used to being stressed constantly, and when it is reduced, it takes time for the feeling of stress to leave the home. Try not to get too worked up!

Cantor's website. You'll notice a tab for "constituent services"
http://cantor.house.gov/
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nanc (09-06-2013)