View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 10:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well just an update for everyone. I had a great weekend! I allowed myself to sleep prodigiously and not worry about any of the things that stress me out. I relaxed by the pool briefly, read a book, watched some movies (didn't finish a single one though...) and napped. I haven't taken a nap since my accident and it felt great!

My spirits couldn't be better, truly. I returned to work today ready to tackle anything in my way. And then I realized that despite all the rest, I will continue to have difficulties. BUT - and this is big for me, it doesn't bother me. I don't care that I have difficulties with math and finding patterns in numbers. I don't care that I talk in circles and forget why I'm saying things. I don't care that I forget most everything that I don't write down or make a very concerted effort to remember. I'm just so glad to be alive.

Yes, I do believe the lexapro is working. I am soooo happy to be less anxious about everything. I even have a date Friday evening and she is aware that I have an early bedtime and fully aware of my difficulties. Her comment to me was "if you are this sharp and you are having difficulties, then I can't wait to see what you are like when you are fully healed." What a gal...

I am still hour to hour, and I don't know what I will be like with a bad night of sleep. All I know is that I've had 5 consecutive nights of sleep and I feel great. Thanks again for all the encouragement everyone!
OwlinFL84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote