View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 09:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrouley1 View Post
i went in to get my 3rd block today. i hadn't been in (i think) 10 days because of my lovely thrush outbreak and burning mouth syndrome (which is taking its time to leave). by the way, none of the docs or nurses or PT's or OT's that i work with have ever heard of BMS. isn't that weird?

anyway, the blocks so far have been painless except for the little tiny prick from the lidocaine shot. today was terrible. it HURT! my heart started racing and the doc asked why i was so nervous because he saw that my heart rate jumped and i was wincing and actually asked if he was almost done. i SWEAR the other two didn't hurt. now i have a droopy red eye, the right side of my face is numb and my fingertips are numb. this hasn't happened before, although he told me before the first one that the shots could have that effect.

so i am supposed to schedule for either friday or monday for another one and i am scared.

it's funny, though. before the shot 3 people asked me if i took my xanax today... first of all, i don't have any xanax because they didn't prescribe it for me. second of all, CAN'T I JUST BE HAPPY WITHOUT DRUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<sigh>

i just needed to vent. thanks for being my sounding board.

shalom,

angie
Hi ang! My first and third(last ganglion nerve block hurt too) my send block.. I had the droopy eye(horners eye), I believe that is what it is called. This last block hurt me too! I had a blood shot red droopy eye, numb on the far right side of my face, upper shoulder area, by the collar bone.. and the injection site was hurting me terriable!! My shoulder, neck was all red too!! I have an out patient app. in Aug.!! this is for Cleveland clinic!!!! I'm like what?? I also see my P.D. June 6th. he did up my dossage to 300 mg. of the neurotin twice a day. man, this makes me tired! does anyone know how long it takes to get used to this medication without becoming so tired and falling asleep?? thanks all! And Ang, I hope you feel better!! Love, Desi
Desi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote