View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 08:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Waves,
Thank you so much!

The call went WONDERFUL. The neurologist has treated HM before and is willing to see me and work with me so I can pay him whatever I can afford.
I feel so lucky!

Thursday was my actually my second attack. My first was in July 2010, and they said I had a TIA gave me an MRI saw nothing and sent me home and told me never to worry about it again... so I didn't. My second was on Thursday, third was yesterday, and unfortunately, my fourth was today. I'm scared about how close they're getting.

As far as insurance goes, my fiance and I talked about getting married as soon as possible (like next week) but after talking to his employer I wouldn't be able to be added to insurance until October 1st anyway. My father is not in my life, and my mother is struggling and cannot afford to help me at this time. She did talk to her employer about getting me on her insurance and they said it was no problem but I'd have to wait for open enrollment next year.

When I was at the hospital they assigned me a case worker and helped me apply for state aid, however, it will be 45-90 days until I am approved.

I have applied for 97 jobs since March... I know that's insane, but I've only gotten 4 interviews out of that. I have two shadows at two different companies coming up next week and I am praying that one of them offers me a position. It will be the first time in my life that I have a stable full time job and the first time in over 3 years that I will have health insurance and benefits. I am beyond excited!

Thank you so much for being so interested in me, it really helps talking to people about this.
hoppipolla is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
waves (09-05-2013)