View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 02:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightrail11 View Post
Welcome to NT.

What you describe doesn't sound to me like "normal aging". The deficits you are experiencing could be related to your prior injury, or it could be something else. When did these latest symptoms become problematic?

To rule out the "something else" which could possibly include a mini-stroke or clot (which may or may not be related to your prior injury), I'd see a neurologist or/and a clinical neuropsychologist for a thorough professional evaluation.
It's tough to say, since I really wasn't paying attention to them. Truth is I think I was trying to work through them, ignore them. I used to act with a small dinner theatre group. I never had a problem memorizing my lines. Several years after my diagnosis, I attempted to perform in a play. Fortunately I played a reporter, so carrying a notebook (with my lines and blocking) looked like nothing more than a prop. I couldn't remember my lines long enough to make it through the first half of a scene. Memory, anger, and motivation issues, plus others probably became problematic almost immediately after the concussion. Looking back, it explains so much. Wish I'd started looking into it earlier.
mcrossen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote