View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 09:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi Johanna & Nanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannabananna View Post
Now this is wonderful news!!!
You sure needed a great docor visit to help "keep the faith".

The bouyancy of hope...it is entoxicating...I feel it with you.

Now...deep breath....
You have been so pro active in your journey...trust yourself again...trust your body...trust your mind..trust your guts.

get your journal..make daily entries...columns for pain;meds;exercise;etc
get your fridge stocked...nutrition...hydration..detox
do your exercise...whatever it is ...do it
talk to your support team...family...pastor...rabbi...pets...pillow
the healthier you go in to this.... the better results I will be reading here in the coming weeks.....I (and a lot of others) are traveling this journey with you in our minds with your updates.

I know the relief of pain from a SCS.....I am excited that you will too.
Johanna
Thank you for the info. As for the buoyancy feeling like I said it felt like the world had been lifted off my shoulders yesterday after I finally was finished with all the test. On the drive home I just kept taking deep breaths and exhaling loudly and my wife understood and just looked at me and said it's finally coming together and I can finally see the real you right now. I know its been hard on them both (my wIfe and little girl) for last 3 years total. Because I have been in so much pain or doped up that my quality of life as a humane being felt like it had been just swiftly pulled out from under my feet.

This morning I received a call from Denny who is going to be my Medtronics rep. and we spoke for almost 45 minutes and he also saved me a call to the doctors office today.
He told me that yes that is how Dr. Bursick does his trials is with the paddles for 3 days and the third day you go back if you had 50% or higher (let's shoot for higher ) Then he installs the permanent one that day. Denny also shared with me that he is glad Dr. Bursick does it this way in the 5 years he's been working with him Dr. Bursick has a 97 % success rate highest in Denny's area. Fingers crossed like I said last night (makes it hard to type though ) Hopefully I fall into that 97%.

MessyMark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote