View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Smile

Hey there, Hoppipolla,

So I'm guessing what you had back in 2010 might not have been a TIA, but rather, a hemiplegic migraine attack. They can look like stroke or TIA. However, that isn't necessarily the case, because there is an overlap between migraine incidence and stroke risk. I don't know what the rest of your medical situation is and if you have other risk factors. Do please let your neuro know of the other episode, and give him all current bloodwork, tests and any test results from the 2010 episode. Bring the old MRI too, not just the report.

Speaking of the neurologist, how wonderful that you've found someone with experience treating hemiplegic migraine, and who is so willing to work with you on the financial end. It is good to hear, too, that your fiance is willing to step up the wedding date so as to get you on insurance sooner... October is not that far away. It would be good to have insurance in place ASAP for the meds.

Sorry to hear about these recent attacks being in such rapid succession. It is worrisome, and it needs to let up! When will you be seing the doctor?

I wish you the very best with your upcoming shadow interviews. Who knows, maybe both will come through and you'll be able to pick the one you like best!

I am glad you joined up, here, and glad to talk to you. Let me know if I can be of help in any way.

waves
waves is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hoppipolla (09-05-2013)