Thread: An Apology
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 10:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Curiosity overcame me......I went searching for that post.

Sometimes we can say things that just come out wrong, especially when we are stressed by pain. Sometimes people can read too much into a simple statement because they are in pain, so a simple non offensive statement can trigger an angry response because it somehow reminds them of a negative experience they had.

Your simple statement looks like just that. You didn't say something that could obviously be taken another way. It appears that a reader just had a defensive weak moment because of something that is happening in their own life, not because you did anything wrong.

Your opinion is valued here, as is everyone's. Kudos for offering an apology, even though you did nothing wrong, just to make someone who is obviously suffering feel better. That takes character. I can fail at that and respond to an attack with my own defensiveness and anger, which just aggravates a situation.

We are all human. We all make mistakes. Pain, stress, and disability can make those mistakes more common. I hope that your angry reader realizes that they were off base and that you don't worry that you did something wrong.

Pain free days for all of us

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
allentgamer (09-21-2013), Brambledog (09-05-2013), ginnie (09-05-2013), tkayewade (09-08-2013)