View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 11:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Squat walks

I've been squatting for about a month now and it's going well, so far. It's weird, after 23 years of not being able to do it.

What I've been doing the last week or two, is, when I go on my walks, every so often I squat. It's easier with my heels elevated, so when I come to a driveway, or a slope in the sidewalk, that's where I do it. My balance is starting to get better too. At first, if I wasn't holding on to something, I was really wobbly. I'm having to relearn this stuff, like a baby does.

My next goal, is to be able to squat flatfooted. That's something that I've never been able to do, that I can remember. Maybe when I was a toddler, or something. Even when I was young, and did squats with a barbell, I had to put a 2x4 under my heels for balance.

It's taken me 41 months to get to this point, but I'm starting to feel like all my work is starting to pay off. Another goal of mine is, to be able to touch my toes. I'm not there yet, but I'm slowly and patiently working at it.

My Easy Cooking Channel
Coop42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote