View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 11:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessyMark View Post
I also was happy to find out he uses them also most of the research I've done shows the paddles a less likely to migrate. a little more healing time from what I have heard here in the forum but I look @ this way if it's a road to less pain I'm willing to do it in the long run. Also was happy to find out he uses the adaptive stim unit by medtronics. Unfortunately they have not made the paddles scan safe yet so it I will not be able to do a full body Mri but I'm not going to let that stop the whole process.
I originally had percutaneous leads put in with my cervical and thoracic SCS's. Did not know anything about paddle leads then. In Nov 2011, I ended up having a revision on the thoracic SCS five months after initial implant...changed over to paddle leads. It was a new type of lead and the first time my dr had put them in someone. St Jude rep told me I was the first in VA to get these. Well, I need another revision because they have migrated up and that battery is twisted

I have heard the recovery is a little longer. Luckily I did not have to have a laminectomy. Definitely worth it if it helps your pain!!! I wasn't so concerned about not being able to have MRI's any longer. I can still have x-rays and CT scans and that is fine with me

Wishing you the best! Keep us posted on your progress!
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (09-05-2013)