View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Hitting my head after a concussion

Hello,

In late June I got a concussion. It took about two weeks to get better, but I did and felt 100% recovered. A couple of weeks later, I hit my head on something again. I didn't feel like I had another concussion thankfully, but I had a week of headaches. Then a week after that, I bumped my head again. Not very hard, the sort of thing normally a person wouldn't even think about. This led to a week of mild concussion symptoms, nothing involving cognition/slow thoughts really but more just the physical symptoms. A week later? You can guess how the story goes. Very mild bump on the head, nothing that would normally lead to a concussion, but I went through another four days or so of fog. A week after that same story. Barely tapped my head against something, and back to concussion-ish symptoms.

My questions are, is this normal expected behavior, will it eventually stop, or have I become completely unable to have any impact of any kind to my head without a concussion? Assuming it will go away, is it the time from the initial concussion, or is it time from the last time something contacts my head? People tell me to just be careful, but I'm very tall and its just extremely difficult to avoid minor bumps. Thanks!
Spaceman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote