View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 01:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default also

Just warranted to reiterate from way above in the post: I had no visible infection in either of my root canaled teeth, but when I showed up to the endodontist(s) each time, they declared the root canal necessary in spite of the lack of infection. So I guess that means that any infection I have now in these teeth is BECAUSE OF the root canal itself. I feel even worse for doing this to myself. TWICE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadie682 View Post
Thanks again for all your help, Bryanna. I guess it's just amazing to me that they act as if this is the first time they have ever seen someone take so long to recover from a root canal/ or someone so sensitive to a breach in the gum margin/ whatever. They keep reinforcing that I may pull the tooth and not have solved the underlying issue that is causing me pain, and I guess that's why I'm fearful.

Also, the problem with the second root canal; it is still bothering me and although I understand what you're saying about it needing to be pulled, I am not sure how to go about it. I'm scared to have both teeth pulled at once, especially given my TMJ situation. I would like to have #18 pulled first and have that situation resolve somewhat (I HOPE) before I take care of the other tooth, which is still inflamed from the root canal last month. Would that be ok?

Meanwhile, I still haven't found an oral surgeon to pull this tooth, or convinced any of the dentists I've seen to refer me to one. How should I handle all this? Any ideas? Sorry to keep coming back with questions, but I am really at a loss here as to how to move forward with 2 adjacent bad R/C teeth (both hurting) and some pretty bad TMJ making it difficult to think clearly.
sadie682 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote