View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffhogg View Post
I am 30 years old and 5 months ago I recieved a diagnoses (first of 3 opinions) of possible ALS due to muscle fasciculations all over and spasms primarily in left hand. My symptoms have not changed much since then. Recent EMG at Mayo clinic indicated diffuse fasciculations and diffuse mild neurogenic changes in all tested upper and lower extremity muscles but no fibrillation potentials. EMG previously performed had shown minimal chronic neurogenic changes only in the left deltoid and biceps. I have not observed any weakness or atrophy. No abnormalities in lab work or MRI. Is this ALS, BFS, or something else? Looking for some insight. Thanks
Hey, I'm 31 years old and just started having a twitch in my middle finger but not really any weakness either. I'm nervous about possible ALS, and not sure what the weakness feels like. The hand that is twitching feels like I have pain in my wrist and tendon when trying to lift things or make a trigger like motion that makes me weaker but it isn't due to not having the strength, it's more about the pain making it more difficult. Have you experienced anything like that? Also, when you say spasms, what do they look like, is it just a finger twitching?

Wish you the best of luck. Thanks
Benz7524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote