View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 04:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Pebbles! I am so sorry that you are having to deal with CRPS and the "system" on top of it. You have already been given some great advice here and will find some great info on the Social Security Disability forum also. This site is awesome! I have had RSD/CRPS for over 22 years now. I developed it in my right hand in 2009 when I injured it. It mirrored over to my left hand. At this point it is in my face, hands, feet, shoulders, left arm, left leg, trunk and possibly internal. I stopped working at the end of Dec because I just could not handle it any longer. I was a financial & human resource manager and I completely understand what you are saying about being a bookkeeper when you cannot use your dominant hand. Using your non-dominant hand for such a job is no easy task! Those making the decisions have no idea how hard it is to perform your job when you cannot use your hand. I am right-handed and when I first hurt my hand it was braced and braced again later (that was a mistake!). I learned how to 10-key, write and do everything left handed. I think I was able to do that because I injured my hand back in the early 80's and had surgery on it back in the late 80's and had to work left-handed then. It was definitely not easy and it was temporary! Everything was done slower and not very legible. Once the RSD mirrored over to my left hand, that stopped.
I filed my disability claim with work's STD/LTD insurance carrier and was denied. I appealed and was denied. Getting ready to appeal again. I went ahead and applied for SSD in April and was, thankfully, approved. I will begin receiving benefit pmts in Oct. I was shocked to be approved on the first try, but oh so grateful!
I had copies of all of my medical records. I completed my application online and then dropped the records off at my local SSA office. I really think that helped my claim! I of course kept a copy of everything just in case something was "misplaced" by them. I was advised to make friends with my case manager and be very nice to her. I was told to ask her what she needed from me and be happy to supply it to her, that this would go a long way.
I hope you can get things resolved soon. Again, so sorry that you are having such a hard time.
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote