View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 05:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayoKelly View Post
Bizzy Mum,

Your symptoms seem so much like mine. I would love to compare notes regarding what exacerbates your symptoms, triggers, what you've tried, etc.
Hi Kayo Kelly:

Swapping stories would be great. I'm sorry you're going through this and have many doctors and still no answers. I wonder how you came up with CMG? Are the symptoms different than with MG? I wonder if that's an avenue to look down for myself as well.

Yes, I thought my extreme weakness was possibly from taking supplements, which I no longer take and stopped taking as soon as I couldn't lift myself off the couch. No doctor thought there was a correlation. However, I did read a study on Myasthenia Gravis Foundation website (its a document for doctors about drugs) that magnesium in contraindicated in MG. Prior to my symptoms, I had just started taking Magnesium 400mg/day for PMS. I counted and seven pills were taken. Possibly enough to build up too much in my system?

My symptoms are mild. I have moments of fatigue and weakness. Today my eyelids seemed to want to close and felt the onset of fatigue after a long morning, but I rested and symptoms stopped. I put my feet up, drank water, read a good book, let the kids watch a TV.

When I have more fatigue - like last Friday during an evening meeting - it feel like I lose my smile.

Doing too much and stress are triggers, so far as I can see. I'm still climbing towards better and better. Thought it was gone...better and better is a better description.

Thanks for chiming in!
Jen
bizzymum42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote