View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 07:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Radiology chick,

First of all the clinda may not be the proper strain of antibiotic for your type of infection. The only sure way to know what antibiotic would be appropriate would be to have a culture done. This is why it is important for specimens to be taken at the time of the extraction. But unfortunately this is rarely done. The ENT could maybe due this by taking a swab of the sinus. You would have to talk with the ENT about that.

Many people are under the impression that as long as they take an antibiotic the infection will be cured. Due to the countless species of bacteria in the body and the fact that the mouth and the sinus also have lots of cross species... it is always a shot in the dark when the antibiotics are prescribed without doing a culture and sensitivity test to determine the proper medication.

I think it is wise to call an ENT on tuesday for an appointment as soon as you can get in there.

In the meantime, it may help to rinse with warm salt water 3 times a day. Do not gargle with it. Also avoid any OTC mouthwash as it is contains nothing but chemicals, preservatives, dyes..... etc.

Bryanna
Bryanna,

Thanks again for your time and concern. I went back to the OS and he removed a bone fragment from the tooth cavity and changed my antibiotic to Z pack (I'm allergic to penicillin). I have been on the Z pack 2 days and I feel sooooo much better already. I think things are rapidly getting better.

Thanks again!!!
Radiology Chick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bryanna (09-05-2013)