View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Jag

I couldn't go back to work. I am fused C3-7. My work was as an artist looking down through a magnifier, to create miniatures. I had a national show schedule. I have degenerative joint disease all over. My ankles gave way. My fingers, go several different directions. So I could not look down to do the minis, nor lift my display, etc. I have this darn issue, below C-7, and I pray they hold up. I don't want any more surgery. T-1-2-3 aren't so hot.
As far as pain goes, I would say at 4 weeks, when I started physical therapy would have been the time, that I would have wanted to go back to work. It hurt a lot less. I was 56 when this all happened, and already had other auto immune problems that plagued me for years. That is why I developed a home business, to work around my health. I was granted disability.

I sure hope that your surgery turns out as good as mine did. It really did work for me to have a better quality of life with less pain. Get into some good PT, with massage... can 't tell you how good that felt. Yes the movement followed by 30 minutes of massage... AH WONDERFUL!!!!!. Ask your doctor to write it in as part of your therapy.

The first couple of weeks were hard for me. I hope it isn't that rough for you. I was in the hospital a couple of extra days. I refused to go home! It would be good if you had a good support team at home for you. Make prepared foods that are soft. If they go anterior, there can be issues with swallowing for a few months. Sleep with one of those gel, elevated back supports. That worked better for me than the lazy boy. Warm showers as soon as I could was a bit of heaven.

Keep in touch and let me know how you do. It will be OK. Most of these surgeries turn out just fine. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote