View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 09:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrossen View Post
(I hope this isn't a repeat. I'm having computer issues.) Does it get any better? A few years following my concussion, I "snapped" at work and went off on my publisher, which cost me my job. It never occurred to me the behavior may have been related to pcs. I worked as a reporter/photographer/pasteup artist for years. After that, the only lasting job I could find was working as a bartender at a local brew pub. Once it closed, I've been hopping from job to job.
As far as I'm concerned, the problem is solved. Now that I know what's going on, I can head off problems before they become problems. I can easily recognize when my uncontrolled emotions (especially anger) are the result of frontal lobe failure. At that point I give myself a time-out till the feeling goes away. After about 2 years, the anger sessions just mostly stopped happening; I guess my poor damaged brain can learn new stuff after all.

What really ticks me off (just kidding!) is that I could have headed off legal problems had I only known what was happening with my brain. This is why it's so important for people like us to share our experiences.
  • MIGRAINE HEADACHES
  • INSOMNIA
  • ANGER & SELF-CONTROL (going "Frontal")
Kenjhee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mcrossen (09-06-2013)