Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 10:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi Michelle

I have definitely had difficulty with my eyes, hands and even my ears.

It took a few years, but then my eyes started to fail in a big way. I need glasses all the time now to make things larger. Granted, some of that is that I am getting a little older, but a good deal more of it is from the CRPS. My eyes will become VERY blurry during a flare. No glasses or increasing my screen view size on my PC to a million percent will help during a flare, and my eyes will water like I'm crying. I don't notice any pain directly in my eyes though.

My hands... not as bad as the rest of me from the waist down, but have become more involved by the day it seems. I drop things ALL THE TIME (that just ticks me off, inevitably it's a big full glass of tea, and then I'm wearing it!). Or I will drop a fork while I'm trying to eat. I've told my husband... oh boy, this is going to get fun! PT gave me something to use with my fork to make the handle bigger. That was depressing, so I just drop my fork when it happens lol. Somehow this seems better to me. I have pain in my hands and forearms that had gotten pretty intense at times. From time to time they will swell. My hands and wrists are pretty weak. I used to be as strong as an ox. Now... not so much. Things get real interesting when I start tremoring like I have Parkinson. Thank goodness that's not all the time yet.

My ears will ring like CRAZY and I am SUPER sensitive to sound. Like a clank of a spoon on a cup, or the opening of a pop can.. OMG... I have to brace myself. Any sudden noise that startles me and I am like a Donkey on the edge.. (BRAM- IF YOU'RE READING THIS, I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF, THAT PHRASE CRACKS ME UP!)

ohhhh... yep all these things are just tons of fun, aren't they? So sorry to hear that you're struggle with some of the same symptoms hon. Hang in there, perhaps you will find something that helps. The only thing I know of is rest and sometimes meds help.
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (09-06-2013)