View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 11:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Just saw your second post

Hi Pebbles, I went through my social security court hearing in Tucson. Word of advice for dealing with Soc Sec, Im guessing that the Tucson Office on Campbell is where you are going... Document everything. I know the thought of that alone must bring chills to you, but every time you talk to someone on the phone, write down their name and the date and time and what the discussion was about and as close as you can to exactly what they said. ABsolute MORONS!. Make an appointment, don't just show up. I would mail them things from across town and they'd say they didn't get them, then I show up to bring them in and they say, oh here it is, we have it right here in your file. You hear stuff all the time about gov't employees, but I never fully grasped how few people cared about doing the right thing or their job properly until I dealt with these people. "You can't expect us to get anything you put in the mail." Why not, you expect that I am supposed to get everything you mail to me. I can not tell you how many hours I sat there in that miserable uncomfortable office, waiting.

I was denied, appealed, was denied again and then had to file for a judicial hearing. At that point it was easy... Once I got the hearing and appeared before the judge. Be totally honest and tell them every F'ing detail. Even the things that are humiliating and depressing and make you feel bad about yourself. This is where you need to suck it up and be honest in massive detail and to a fault. I had to keep track of things by hand back then, I couldn't sit at a desk top PC. There is a app now that I've just started using called My Pain Diary. A guy in Australia who has RSD built it and he thought of a lot of detail. You can even add photos to daily documentation. It's really easy to use and you can print and email reports to doctors and print out stuff yourself. It's about $5 but for me, even though I do not have any litigation or legal stuff going on right now, find it very useful. The best part is that it's massively easy to use. Have that sweet husband of your take photos of your hand, arm and you in general, when ever you have swelling, discoloration, etc. document that as much as possible. It will prove invaluable if you have to go all the way through Soc Sec to a judicial hearing or have any other litigation you need to be prepared for.
best of luck, I know it is not fun. Sylvia
Sylmeister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (09-06-2013), Hopeless (09-06-2013)