View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 10:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Z View Post
This condition in Copaxone users is a high-level side-effect that Teva, the drug maker, rarely mentions to potential users. It's called Lipoatrophy and in many cases it is there for life!!

The University of Ottawa MS Clinic studied several hundred Copaxone users a few years ago and found about 45% of them ended up with various levels of this condition. They went on to say that it was far too high a percentage for patients to be suffering from this and that more help should be provided to the patients by Teva, the manufacturer.

Harry
Thanks Harry. Yeah, I've been searching 'lipoatrophy' for a couple days now. I caught wind of a study that put the percentage around 45%. Perhaps it was the same one...
After talking to the nurse at Shared Solutions she was polite, to a point, but seemed to get more defensive when I told her I was disappointed that the drug literature didn't stress this side effect. She told me "it's there in the patient's only section", which it is of course, but when I told HER that was virtually the same in my eyes as burying the facts in fine print and CYA ('cover your ***') by technicality she couldn't pass me to the pharmacy department fast enough.

I was told my "after market experience" would be reported and recorded.
...which makes it all better (dripping with sarcasm of course).

becca44
Becca44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote