Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 08:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had really bad issues with my eyes (blurry vision, double vision), ringing in my ears, nose bleeds, and dizziness when my RSD started to spread a couple years ago (along with a TON of other new symptoms). It was pretty scary when all these new things started to happen along with the spread of the pain (started in my left ankle and now have it in my entire upper body from my waist to my neck including both arms and hands).

The thing that helped most with the dizziness, blurry vision, double vision, nose bleeds, and ringing in my ears was Clonidine Patches. My understanding is that RSD causes these things because it affects your sympathetic nervous system...which controls your blood pressure. When your blood pressure goes wonky, spiking and dropping out of no where, it causes these problems. The clonidine patches regulate the blood pressure and prevent these symptoms from occurring. I still get them occasionally with really bad flares...but I WAS having them several times a day every day. So a couple times a month is really not that bad. I still have sensitivity to certain sounds that can cause my pain levels to rise...but the ringing in my ears is pretty much gone.

It might be worth a try and is something you might want to discuss with your doctor. I read about clonidine patches on the RSD Puzzles website and printed off that information and brought it in to my doctor.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote