Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 09:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Michelle, hope you are having things a little easier today...

Yep I can relate to much of that. I have lost a lot of my hair recently - not in big clumps or anything, but just loads coming out when I wash or brush my hair. It's horrible, it's gone so thin and grey-streaked compared to the thick dark hair I had just a couple of years ago. My eyes are very dry, and I get headaches too - I never used to.

I have to quote Vrae here...

"My hands... not as bad as the rest of me from the waist down, but have become more involved by the day it seems. I drop things ALL THE TIME (that just ticks me off, inevitably it's a big full glass of tea, and then I'm wearing it!). Or I will drop a fork while I'm trying to eat. I've told my husband... oh boy, this is going to get fun! PT gave me something to use with my fork to make the handle bigger. That was depressing, so I just drop my fork when it happens lol. Somehow this seems better to me. I have pain in my hands and forearms that had gotten pretty intense at times. From time to time they will swell. My hands and wrists are pretty weak. I used to be as strong as an ox. Now... not so much. Things get real interesting when I start tremoring like I have Parkinson. Thank goodness that's not all the time yet."

...this is just like me at the moment, and I'm finding it very hard to deal with having this whole new limb involved. I thought the leg and both feet were bad enough!!! Give me a break!!!

Vrae babe, I am indeed in full-on Donkey On The Edge mode - look at my eye twitchin'... I've been a bit crazy today, I've talked to myself, laughed out loud, cried, tried to reason with myself....it's not pretty. This thing gets you down so low sometimes. I've got to go off to work for a couple of hours in a bit, and impart wisdom to a young mind. On one hand, I am soooo not in the mood, on the other (good ) hand it will distract me and make me feel better about myself. If I don't fight this I'll go mad.

Finger pads are burning up. My posts are going to get a lot shorter!

Take care all - it's so good that you all understand. No one else in the real world seems to

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote