View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Question Unemployment with 'Limitations'....

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone might have a tip or two for me in regard to being on unemployment, yet I have some limitations.

First, let me just say that I've lost my job of 25 yrs due to the business closing. The work I did was very similar to working from home. I had an office to go to and I could work my own hours and I was by myself (no co-workers)

Every week when I turn in my wkly UE claim, one of the Q's I have to answer is:
"Are you able to work 4 or more days of the week without any undue restrictions?"

Well, I 'do' have limitations in that I suffer debilitating back spasms and I have to go lie down on a flat surface for 10 - 15 minutes. Sometimes as often as once or twice in an hour. For this reason, I am unable to work in an actual office setting.

However, I CAN get a lot of work done, as long as I am working from home because I can work 'around' the spasms, even if I have to work long into the evening. SO, I've been searching for 'At-Home jobs'. (I have been able to find actual bonified home-based websites via my local workforce center) so I don't have to weed thru all the scams - hoot! )

If I were to answer NO to the above question, I wouldn't be able to collect my UE.
Do you think I should be answering 'yes' to that question?
Is there a difference between 'Restriction' and 'Limitation' ?

My doctor suggests that I do work from home, but he hasn't firmly set it as a 'restriction' per say.

Thoughts?

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (09-16-2013)