Old 09-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubriggs View Post
I have had the implant for 10 months and as of last week had it removed do to a bad experience..... I had to much upper back pain do to the paddle implanted there. I never fully recovered from having it implanted. It did work for my leg pain but but I couldn't deal with the pain from it. In my buttocks where they had put the battery pack was always pretty sore also. I am not a big person and I don't know if that is why it was so painful but I couldn't exercise much because it was extremely painful after. I would not go through this again, nor would I recommend it to any one without reading and reading the forums, to make a more valuable decision.
I am still in more pain but I will get to the bottom of this pain, but would love to chat with others......
Lu
Welcome Lu!

I am so sorry to hear that your experience went this way.
Thank you so much for sharing it because people really need to hear both sides. You are so right in saying that much research must be done before deciding on the implant.

So, last week is when you had it removed.
I was wondering if you did a trial implant prior and if so, how did it go?
Come on over to the actual SCS forum and share this with us! Here's the shortcut link to take you there:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/fo...ysprune=&f=118

When you get to the forum, click on the 'New Thread' box near the upper left corner so you can start a thread of your own. That way more people will see it. Share your experience over there. I really think it's important that people read your experience.
Lots of great people at the SCS forum, so come check it out!

It's great to have you!
Rae

btw, the SCS forum can be found via the main menu here at NT. It is listed as a 'sub-forum' under 'Medications & Treatments'
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote