Old 09-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Hi Toni!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmyaco76 View Post
I had my consult with my surgeon the other day for an implant. He is going to implant the St. Jude model. I was wondering if anyone has had used them and if so how does it work for them? I would also like to know how your surgeries went for anyone that will tell my about it. I am very nervous to have this done.
I have been with back pain for 12 years. The doctor said he will make a cut in the upper part of my back and make a few holes in bones to weave the wires through so they don't move. Then another cut at the bottom of my back for the stimulator. He said it could take up to 3 hours by the time they test/x-ray and finish. Does this sound about right? I would be greatful to hear from someone.
Toni
Yes, that's the process. From what you are describing, your surgeon will do the laminectomy procedure and probably insert paddle leads. By doing it this way, you will have a much less chance of your leads migrating. A lot of Dr's simply insert percutaneous leads, and end up having to go the route your Dr is going. Percutaneous leads are simply attached to the dura within the spine as opposed to being more secured thru the bone.
He knows what he's doing.

Please come check out the SCS forum where the active posting is.
Lots of good support and many testimonies!

Here's the link that takes you there:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/fo...ysprune=&f=118

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote