Thread: Terrified
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 05:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina55 View Post
Well, Fall is just about here so the weather is changing and so is my pain. This summer I was starting to do pretty good. Most of the time I almost felt like a person, but now...CRAP! My CRPS has spread from my left ankle to both legs and lower back and I am terrified of the cold weather that is coming. I don't know if I am going to get through it. The last few days have been hell and it hasn't even been that cold yet. We have had back-to-back storms though. Yesterday I could barely walk, and I have been getting more frequent flares that are intense! I soooo don't want to do this. I remember last year. It was the worst time of my life going through that much pain and it was only in my ankle. I can't imagine that pain in both legs! I am freaking out! I am really trying hard to stay calm, but it is really hard. I know stressing is just going to make it worse, but I can't help it. I don't know what to do. I just can't do this!
I am feeling just the same at the moment Angelina, terrified of the coming cold months. This last few days have been like a plunge back into the darkness - I'm losing so much of the mobility and movement I gained during the last two months, and my pain is skyrocketing. It's scary isn't it? (Understatement of the year...)

Hang on in there girl and I hope your doc can do something to help. I've yet to find a med that really helps, I hate asking now because I just get disappointed. I'm still trying to tough my way through.

It's not even cold yet for goodness sake! Just coldER. In the next month or two the temperature will drop another 10-20 degrees C, we'll have increasing rain and wind, storms, ice, fog.... It costs a fortune to keep the house warm enough for me to function, and we just can't afford it, and I just don't have clothes that keep me warm when I go out - and cant afford to buy what I need. My elder daughter recently bought me (as an early xmas present lol bless her) a cosy jumper in a lovely soft chenille type material that actually doesn't aggravate my skin, and I'd kill for trousers and socks in the same stuff!

Good luck with your doc and hope he can help you this time

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZ-Di (09-08-2013)