View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 04:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnno31 View Post
Mine have been going on for years. It was diagnosed as hypnogogic jerks, I think, and it is terrifying. I have to point out this happens when wide awake, during the day, but my head jerks when I try and sleep. It is a sudden rush that feels like it goes up my chest and jerks my head within a split second.

Neurology has ruled out epilepsy as the EEG is OK apart from one which had something slight on the front left lobe, I think. I am male and 31. I have suffered from this since I was 16 or so, and common factors are lack of sleep, the day after drinking alcohol, a hard workout at the gym. It's terrible and I have given up on finding out what it is and if can be treated. It is hard to find people with similar symptoms. It can last from 10 minutes to an hour and the dizziness is horrible. i also suffer from stiff fingers which i have to crack to releive them like they shatter.

I have had mri brain which is fine. Could this be adrenal related???

Any comments welcome and appreciated

Hi John,
I suffer from the same myclonic jerks but they hit my whole body like an electric shock. They are worse in the evening and at night. I to have had a brain scan which showed nothing wrong. I have tried virtually all drugs available but the only thing that works well for me is Tramadol. My neurologist has said its a case of finding out what works for you. Hope this helps. Paul
Paul123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote