Thread: Vinegar and PD
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 04:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
For the last week I have been experimenting with apple cider vinegar and, much to my surprise, the stuff is pretty impressive! A fair amount of research has built up and some conjecture is possible. But right now I would like for someone else to test it to see if they have a similar experience.

I seem to have improved stability or something similar. I have long had predictable times of the day that I could expect to be at risk of going off. For example, the 10 AM to 11 AM period was one that I tried to spend near home as was the 4 PM to 5 PM time slot. Meds would stop working and take a couple of hours to restart.

There is an interesting phenomenon that diabetics contend with called "post-prandial" hypoglycemia (PPH) and is a drop in glucose two to four hours after eating. With me so far? Hang on, because there is another called "reactive" hypoglycemia (RH) which is very much like the first except that it has no drop in glucose. Get that? Think of it as hypoglycemia - lite.

PPH gets its symptoms from the effect of a drop in sugar levels but RH has no such drop. Yet, it will put you out of commission just like the other. It happens because of an increase in stress hormones cortisol and epinephrine and it can play hell with PD symptoms. At the same time, your body is convinced for some reason that I don't quite grasp yet that we need a flood of insulin!

I gave up trying to understand it there for now and gave it a try. Darned if it didn't work! I had to adjust the dosage down to stay awake, but I have been doing better and better each day.

So, if anyone has any hair on their tail (search for "white rats") get yourself a bottle of apple cider vinegar and try just a one-eigth tsp with each meal. If you don't feel anything then bump it up a time or two. Let us know the results. -Rick
I'm in. i'll sqeak up if it helps.

HarryM
HarryM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote