View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Banned User

10 yr Member
Banned User

10 yr Member
Default Sorry, here's my life story paragraphed.

Complete Concussion History-

I've received two confirmed mild concussions playing football. However, at the beginning of this year I crashed on my bike only four to five months after a previous concussion during football season.

I self diagnosed this third concussion. My head never touched the ground when I crashed, but my fall created a whip-lash effect. I just found out in a recent MRI of my spine that my spine is curved, likely due to this accident.

It wasn't until a period of increased stress, that I began to notice symptoms. Previous to this period of stress the only symptom I noticed was difficulty finding words (increased difficulty writing essays). I now notice that I read things the wrong way (reading words in the wrong order), I occasionally get spells of dizziness, still experience trouble finding words, and have trouble staring at a computer screen for any good length of time.

Since most of this all started when I was under stress my parents are convinced it's all in my head. They believe that me being constantly consciousness of my head is what's causing it all, and that I'm fine. I mentioned that I recently went for two MRI's, one on my spine and one on my brain. My brain MRI came back perfectly fine, and my parents have used this as proof to back up the previous statement I mentioned.

The fact is I 'am always conscious of my head. At one point I was anxious that something as small as crunching down on a carrot would worsen my PCS. I really don't know what's in my head and what's not. The unknowns that come with all of this really suck, that's one of the reasons I came seeking guidance and advice on this website.

Yesterday I was wacked in the head and I now fear I suffered another blow. Exercising has always been a key part of my life, and I hate when I take time off of my fitness schedule. I quite simply don't have the option to sit in a dark room for a month or more with school and work every week.

I know how serious concussions are, but at the end of the day I need to live and maintain a quality of life. I'm in the prime years of my youth and I've already spent a whole summer being paranoid over bumps in the car. If this is all in my head, I simply need to know so I can move on.

Sorry for the novel, and thanks for the responses
-Will
cyclist569 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote