View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Banned User

10 yr Member
Banned User

10 yr Member
Default Rhonda

I have spent the day wondering if I should respond to your last or not, as the last thing I want to do is upset you. When I got my SCS and 16 wires implanted 5 years ago, I wish I had someone to give me feedback. First....These are just my opinions as well as opinions I have read and personally heard from other SCS patients. First, The trial unit was amazing! I was so desperate for a fix, and I believed this was it. My implanted unit Never felt as good as the trial unit. Second...You need to consider the scar tissue you will be dealing with after maybe 2 years as well as the shifting of the control unit, whether abdomen or rear end. Third...I cant give you the exact reasoning, but there is much research being done as it pertains to the DC power to the leads. There is something to do with AC supply that is supposed to be more beneficial. I don't know anything about it, but it was told to me by my Pain Management Doc. Also, I have gone through countless beds, trying to get good sleep. My last was a 6K Temper Pedic. It gave my so much trouble, they made me sign a waiver to not sue before refunding the third bed they tried with me.
I don't want to make this a novel, but I am just saying that you need to take serious consideration before going through this. I have RSD on the Entire Left side of my body. I cannot say, I benefited in anyway from this unit. I have honestly heard of tons of folks that will tell you the same and are faced with another surgery to get this expensive unit removed. I have not even turned my unit on in over a year, as it now causes me major over stimulation of the nerves, and nerve vibrations even after the unit is turned off!! It literally causes severe swelling in my left upper back, causing me horrible wrap around band pain, right into my chest behind my heart. Yes, I have had no less than a dozen adjustments to the unit by Medtronics. I could go on & on, I just wish it could be in person or by phone, so I could answer any question you may have. Finally, Yes, I am trying to get up the courage to schedule the appointment with my Surgeon, to get this thing out of me. My initial surgery was difficult for me, and like I said I have a lot of scar tissue. I won't lie....I am just plain scared and afraid for any kind of a set back. Best Wishes & Blessings to you
FYi...I was injured 11/11/02 in a bad car accident at work, today I am 42.
Cops726 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote