Thread: Terrified
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 02:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Enraged

My insurance turned over on 9/1. I went to pick up my prescriptions. Imagine my surprise to learn that my CR oxy was 300 dollars. Not only that, but the FDA has blocked generic equivalents due to addictive potential. Therefore, those of us in legitimate pain are, once again, unfairly "labeled" because we must take narcotics to keep our pain under control. I'm going to call my pain dr. On Monday and see if there is a cheaper CR or ER med that works as well. This is just extremely frustrating. I looked into discount programs, but they don't. Discount narcotics. Surprise. It didn't help my former work put me on the wrong insurance and didn't tell me. They put me on a policy with a 3K deductible. Ugh. I am just beside myself. I can see why people give up with this disease. I fell Thursday and have a concussion, sprained neck, two torn ligaments in my wrist, separated shoulder, fractured right ankle, 3rd degree sprained left ankle and hip contusions. The ER doctor said he ad never seen anyone in two boots before lol. I don't know whether to scream, laugh, or cry. There's nothing fair about this at all.

TK
tkayewade is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote