View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 09:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Doctors have no answers

This is about my daughter. Maybe someone here may have an answer. I'm listing her summary she gave to me. Can anyone here give some direction on where to go?

Mom & Dad,

Below is the timeline and description of my symptoms just to get things started. Love you guys.

7/12-7/14 – In Chicago Visiting Friends (Returned to Seattle Monday)
7/15 – In Seattle, had a steak dinner and then got food poisoning (Monday night)
7/17 – In San Francisco for work (Day 1 of first symptom)

Symptom Timeline:
- 7/17 – Skin crawling feeling began in legs while sitting in bed at the hotel working on email and watching TV
- 7/18 – Skin crawling feeling persisted in legs and began to feel crawling all over body
- 8/2 – Muscle spasms begin in parallel with skin crawling (formication) feelings. Started in legs then persisted into all parts of body (torso, arms, face, feet, hands)
- Week of 8/20 – Sharp pins and needles feeling periodically around body (toes, fingers, feet, legs, arms, etc) followed by very mild feeling of numbness in right arm

Symptom Descriptions (By order of most prominent)
1. Skin Crawling
a. Persistent since the beginning. No increase/decrease in regularity in any situation (time of day, climate, location, diet).
b. No itchiness or rashes
c. Frequency is roughly every 10-30 seconds on different parts of the body (i.e. sensation felt on the cheek and then 20 seconds later on my scalp, 15 seconds later on my stomach
2. Muscle Spasms
a. Most noticeable symptom and happens as frequently as the skin crawling feeling
b. Muscle spasms are felt all over the body but most frequently in my legs, arms, feet
c. Spasms are seemingly deeper but sometimes can be seen in my thigh or in hands/toes
d. Spasms last 1-2 seconds each and are within the same 10-30 second intervals similar to skin crawling (not necessarily at the same time/same place)
3. Pins & Needles/Feeling of being bitten or pin prick sensations
a. Sensation happens roughly 1 time an hour throughout the day and is noticed all over body (1 hour in my toe, next hour feel it on my calf).
4. Mild feeling of numbness in right arm only
a. Since the week of 8/22 this sensation has been felt about 3 separate times.
b. Sensation feels as though my right arm might fall asleep, almost like there is small layer of icy hot on my arm but there is no loss of feeling, movement, coordination or anything else during this feeling. Simply just the feeling of coolness/slight numbness as though the arm is about to start falling asleep.
Do not have:
- Fatigue
- Heat sensitivity
- Headaches
- Involuntary limb movements
- Soreness
- Itchiness
- Vision impairment/problems
- Speech problems
- Cognitive capabilities
- Changes in thought patterns
- Problems with coordination
- Desensitized skin feeling
- Changes in reflexes (ankle, elbow, knee)
- Problems with balance
- Problems hearing
- Back pain
- Abdominal pain
Valm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote