View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 04:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

ChaucerFan,yes, Amitriptyline and Nortriptyline is the same med. And, basically, gabapentil and Lyrica is in the same class, only Lyrica is the newest. Amitriptyline has been around for a long time.

So, are on 50 mg og the Nortriptyline, and you are tolerating that well? That sounds great, and with only 200 mg of Gabapentin in addition.

You see, I too, started with 10 mg of Amitriptyline daily for about 2 weeks, then I increased to 20 mg. Then my rheumy ordered 25 mg daily, and to increase to 50 mg in 1 week. I tell you, after 2 days I could hardly blink my eyes, the eyelids would not move, for dryness. and my mouth was like sandpaper, and I could hardly talk.
So we went right back to 30 mg daily, with 350 mg Lyrica. The dryness have gon( I am using artificial tears and Restasis and all kinds of mouth moisterationer.)
Neuropathy is still relentness!!
I hope that I can gradually increase the Amitriptyline, I think that is a good med for this. My neuro said he had pations ob that with 150 mg. He said, the tapering has to be gradual and slowly.
Hopefully, we all do not need any of this stuff anymore!!
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote