Thread: Travel
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 10:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Kim,

One thing you might want to do is bring a couple of soft neck pillows.. they would work great for cradling your arm so it doesn't bump up against the window or rest directly on the arm rest. This also might be a useful way to protect yourself while boarding. I would suggest talking to the flight crew prior to boarding to see if it is possible to board either first or last so that you don't have so many risks of being bumped or otherwise jostled about.

Rather than pain killers you might consider an OTC cold medicine for the long flight, if it won't interfere with other medications. It should help you sleep and not have long acting side effects like sleeping pills can. I'm assuming this will be an international flight by the length of it? If it is then a glass of wine or a beer might just help you enough to relax on the flight and though doctors don't prescribe it (for obvious reasons) it has a profound positive effect on neurogenic pain including CRPS/RSD.

If you have an a device that allows you to play movies or books then a good inspirational movie might help you during the flight.. a couple of my faves are Soul Surfer & Hachi.

Most importantly RELAX and try not to get to worried about it before hand as that will surely make things more challenging. Having something so wonderful to look forward to at the end of the flight should help keep your spirits up even if there is temporary pain increase.

Best of luck and enjoy every minute of it!
Tessa
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon6715 (09-09-2013), Djhasty (09-18-2013)