Thread: photophobia
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 01:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Angela,

My other reply disappeared into space, so I'll try again.

I have multiple conditions which have taken away my vision and photophobia is on the list (macular degeneration, double vision, color blindness, photophobia, floaters). I dare not step out of my house without sunglasses on. Photophobia was even worse at one time when I was taking glucosamine/condrotin. It was only when I did some research that I learned condrotin is what many eye doctors use to dilate the pupils before eye exams.

Shopping in stores with toobright lights are a nightmare. I have to stick to products I am already familiar with, especially in the freezer cases. If I eat at a buffet, my friends have to tell me what I am standing in front of as the serving tables are lit above with bright lights. My windows at home all have coverings on them and even then some days I eed to wear sunglasses in the house.

I know what you are going through. The only solution for photophobia that I have seen is to wear a specially colored contact lens but no doctor I have ever seen has suggested it.
Jazziecat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote