View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 07:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

another update. Still feeling pretty good. I'm getting quality sleep consistently, given that I follow a very strict schedule for bedtime. I'm down to a 1/4 pill (.25mg) of xanax per night (doing a slow draw-down just in case) which will end in a week. I still have ups and downs throughout the day but I am consistently better over all given that I am sleeping more.

My sister, who is a Speech Pathologist, ran through a few diagnostic tests with me a couple days ago. She said that I have difficulties with planning, sequencing and such and more noticeably, auditory processing issues. She suggested that I take prolific notes about everything, especially for conversations. She also said that I would do better if I had a list made out for tasks ahead of time, although she said she knows me and that will be a struggle for me at first. I've never had to make lists! Very frustrating....

At any rate, I am doing a lot better and am learning to adjust to my new self. Every day is a new day with new challenges - it is how we deal with them that defines us.
OwlinFL84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote