View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 12:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
but... not where someone just decides to cut off discussion because it "might" get "heated." There is nothing wrong with "heated" discussions - just nasty ones.
It was not locked for that reason. As stated in my original post, it was locked because Kimmy obtained the feedback and as she stated, she was waiting for Dr. John to respond after he gets a peek at it.

I gave my opinion that it had potential for being heated, which was just from reviewing certain posts and also from my point of view.

There was certainly nothing there hostile or attacking anyone in particular, but it was going off-topic a bit. This was not done in any negative manner at all. We are all trying to limit things until Dr. John is here to provide everyone with a good set of rules - it isn't that we are trying to censor anything or to not respond to certain things, this is the right thing to do. We can't just make up rules or act in certain ways without his 'approval' per se.

As stated, the thread was not locked for going off-topic - but I did say that it was headed that way. You had said you had concern that the triggers should be discussed which is why I said that it would be good to start a new post regarding this. If discussing triggers was not allowed, I would not have said to make a post regarding it.

You may have taken what I said out of context a bit, so I will try to rephrase.

Your opinions are not being moderated, the thread in question was locked only until Dr. John is able to review it. There are no other reasons behind it.

I stated that it was going off-topc, however, and encouraged you (or anyone) to make a new post regarding the topics within that topic that you would like to discuss.

Many users want moderation, many do not want moderation - we over moderate, under moderate - it's all over the place!

The main goal was to get feedback and all feedback is taken into consideration, however, it is easier to await the rules to go into place before taking any permanent actions or responding to any serious questions regarding moderation rules, member rules, etc.

Please try not to judge or to think there are any 'shady' moderation tactics going on, I can assure you it isn't going that way. I did not lock the thread, I just gave my feedback on what I was reviewing. Kimmy locked it and posted the reason why - please try to understand that everyone is working to do their best and this is still the learning phase for a lot of people.

PS: To clarify, I pointed out it was going off-topic because the topics that were being covered DO need to be discussed, and I believe they should have their 'own' topic. It wasn't meant to be negative in any way.
Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote