View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 08:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default my daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaucerFan View Post
You'll probably get lots of replies from people more knowledgeable and experienced than I am, but the symptoms do resemble the ones that I started having in the spring. The idea of a food poisoning "trigger" doesn't relate to my situation, and I hope someone else will comment on that. (My own "trigger" remains mysterious, but it may be the fractures in knee and shoulder that I got from a fall about 6 weeks earlier.) But what doctors has your daughter consulted? Has anyone suggested an EMG (electromyogram) and nerve conduction study? That's what led to my diagnosis of peripheral neuropathy. (The cause of THAT is still unknown. But there ARE treatments!)
There has been no other diagnostic test other than routine blood and urine samples which have panned out within normal limits. She has seen a GP and a neurologist. Both are stumped and offer no other suggestions. We find that unacceptable.

My wife is a CCU nurse at another major hospital here. She has taken action and is in the process of lining up a consultation with another neurologist. That should happen fairly soon.

Thanks for responding to my posting.
Valm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote