Old 09-09-2013, 09:11 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyKay View Post
My neuropathy started when I was pre-menopausal at about 45. It was a burning sensation from my lower back to middle of the back for a long time and would come on like hot flashes do some women. (I do not have hot flashes). The sensation continued to grow in area until in my late 50's (and in menopause) until the sensation encircled my entire torso. Now in my early 60's (post menopausal) the sensation has subsided somewhat but still sufficient to wake me in the night. It hits like hot flashes do, last about 10 to 15 minutes. I think it is hormonal but I don't know what natural herbs to take to counter the effect. I have tried OTC Estroven but was discouraged to use it by a RN. Does anyone have any suggestions for a natural remedy as I won't take HRTs thru prescription? Thanks!
I would try an ice pack on your lower back twice a day for 20 minutes. The family of herpes viruses lives in the dorsal roots of the spine, and can activate at times of "stress" or body changes. Ice will put them into a sleeping state if they are trying to activate. They can also be stimulated by a diet too high in arginine and low in lysine. So taking a gram or 2 of lysine daily may help.

Pain that starts in a dermatome fashion, moving from the spine around the torso is typical of shingles. It can occur anywhere. I had mine down my right arm. (from working midnights, which my doctor made me stop). Sometimes there is just pain, with no rash.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyKay (09-10-2013)