Thread: Children and PD
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 02:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Kids, especially teenage girls ...

who needs them, was it only 6 months ago I wrote this :

"There are financial, relationship, practical issues to consider and PD is just one more thing to think about.

All I will say is that I have found my kids remarkably accepting of my PD. They help me when I ask, (e.g. going to the store, I hate packing the bags), and seem generally unphased. Considering they were 10 and 12 at dx, they were old enough to know what it meant but still adapted brilliantly, better than some of my adult friends.

Recently my eldest got upset when her school showed a video on PD during a Biology lesson, but that is an exception.

In my experience kids adapt."

That was me in a romantic light not really paying attention. Since then my kids have become 15 year old teenage girls, the one depressed for the last 3 months over some spotty kid who she has split up with, the other in training to be "Lady Chav".

These mid teenage years are a nightmare, (moreso with girls than boys I am told), however if nothing else the arguments and stress have distracted me from PD, (as well as made it worse). Their new coping strategy for PD is to forget I exist except for money and to act as a taxi.

Todd, I had better shut up as this probably isn't the inspirational message you were looking for

Neil.
aftermathman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote