View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 12:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well I got back in PT 3 times per week... apparently I wasn't supposed to have a lapse in care, which really aggravated my nurse case manager. I have a pain doc appointment on thursday, and I am going to write down questions this time to make sure I get them answered, mostly about the sympathetic lumbar nerve blocks. Some of the questions come from your responses, so thank you. Let me know if there is anything else I should ask. I don't know if I mentioned this, but I'm trying to avoid using opiates, especially while I am unable to work, so if you have any suggestions on what I should ask my doctor for, let me know. They have bad side effects for me and I am way too anxious about dependence. It's a trade off because the rest of my body and my mind feels a bit better without them, but I have to put up with more pain, no quick break from a pill. I am going to ask for a new compound cream with lidocane added at the advice of another doctor.

I also am meeting with a worker's comp lawyer who was recommended to me for initial consultation on wednesday. I am trying to prepare for this. Any advice? I have been keeping a journal (on my computer) since february exclusively for my injury/crps, should I send it to him? What kind of questions should I ask?

Also, I should mention that I went shopping where I am employed (where the injury happened) last weekend, and talked to my boss for a while. They re-did the whole loading dock! Leveled it, widened it, put a safety rail and fence around it. He was eager to show me so I couldn't help but think it was because of me. I felt mixed feelings... glad they fixed the obviously unsafe (slanted and narrow) dock, but wish they would have done it before my injury. Anyway, I was worried he was going to try to pull some crap to coerce me to quit, but after hearing about what I am going through, the opposite happened. He put away his notepad mid-conversation, and said that I am welcome back and they want me back whenever I am ready and able to work. I was a top employee there, always worked my butt off, so I think they genuinely want me back now that the holiday season is coming. Anyway, that lifted a bit of stress off my mind.

I can't wear socks or my brace anymore it seems, the area is way too sensitive. I have just been going barefoot with crocs and learning heavily on my cane. My ankle is very weak and it feels like I could easily lose my balance, so the cane helps. I guess it's kind of good I am forced out of the brace, because less immobilization, but it definitely made me feel safer and more stable walking with it on.
vividDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote