View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 01:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Vivid

Great news about your work, it must feel lovely to be wanted back, even if things have changed so much for you. At least you have the choice now.

Crocs are great aren't they? I wear mine in the house to keep my feet warmer now this cooler weather is here. Once my feet get cold they always fire up in the early evening and give me hell for a few hours!

I'm glad you have PT still - are you going to be seeing the same guy? I know you got on well with him before the last traumatic appointment, but if you are seeing him still, make sure you keep vigilant about what treatments and exercises he tries, and if something doesn't feel right say so immediately so that he doesn't aggravate things. If necessary you can ask for a different therapist, but hopefully it won't come to that.

I'm the same re opiates. I have made the decision to take the pain over the side-effects and the effects they have on my mind and personality. For now. I hope I never have to go down that route, but some days I do get tempted to do anything to rein in the pain Good idea on the compound cream - I have it on my list to ask my pain doc about next month!

Good luck with workers comp - I only know about what I've read on this site, but I know things will be tough in that process, so stay strong and keep notes of any conversations or appointments you have. I use a recording app on my phone when I go to appointments - it's amazing how much detail you can forget from a conversation, and I find it so useful to be able to go back and listen to what the doc/therapist/whoever really said, rather than what I think they said.

Take care of yourself and good luck with everything. It'll get easier.

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
vividDC (09-09-2013)