View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 06:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Thank you Rrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
Hi Mark
Those bands you listed are what I grew up with also. I remember getting that Deep Purple album from my brother back when I turned 21.

You're not alone with regard to being so nervous. Being in so much pain for so long and after having tried pretty much everything possible, this sorta comes as a 'last hope' to us. We desperately want to get our lives back. There is so much 'build up' that leads us to the point you are at now. The red tape, the hoops to jump thru, reading other's testimonies, will this work? will it not?

Regarding your recovery, pretty much everything depends on how well you maintain the post op restrictions. It takes a lot of patience, especially after the initial surgical pain begins to wear off. I wish I would have practiced what I'm preaching . I got a bit too over-confident (or impatient) whichever. Ended up with a pulled lead.

If it weren't for my pulled lead, I'd say I felt back to 'normal' within 4 or 5 months. Others here pretty much went back to their active lives within a few weeks. When I say 'active', I mean things like going back to college, work, etc.

Don't worry tho, you certainly won't lose a sense of who you are. The SCS will give you back a quality of life, hopefully with much less pain.

Keep the Faith,
Rae
Thank you for taking the time to respond to something that I am sure is probably is asked a lot . As for the music can't beat the classic rock era. Listening to music has always been a huge help for me through out my life so far. Especially after I was injured.

I know how nervous I am......... not because it's another surgery but just hoping the trial is a success. My wife on the other hand is worried something is going to go wrong either during the trial or surgery. I have reassured her that I have the utmost confidence in my surgeon he has down so many of these and has a great success rate.
So of course some of her nervousness is rubbing off on me. But I continue on with making sure things in the house are like I'm going to need them. The utmost important thing I must be able to grab is my coffee cup first thing in the morning so I found a place on the counter were it can sit after it has been rinsed out for easy access the next time it's called up for duty. In the morning I find I have to much blood in my caffeine system to my dismay when they drew all that blood at the hospital for all the pre-op stuff I was very surprised to see my caffeine system didn't come out as brown and thick as I thought it might

MessyMark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (09-10-2013), Rrae (09-10-2013)