Old 09-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillibet View Post
Hiya,

I have a Sacral Tarlov cyst which causes extreme pain in my lower back and chronic sciatica all through my right leg to my foot. Having read a lot of literature, it appears that Tarlov's cysts can occur anywhere on the spine, although the occurance of pain- causing cysts is apparently rare !!, ... I do not think so. I have felt disabled for 3 yrs, have had to give up my job, and was mis-diagnosed two yrs ago !!! The two options open to me here in the UK is Narcotic based pain-relief which I don't want to start on, or relatively dodgy surgery , with severe risks. But to answer your ?, yes, they will cause sciatica dependent on which nerve root ends they are growing on.
I have them in my low back, causing me sciatica pain, as well as a bit more uncommon. the neck area. the pain I am in is debilitating. I know we can all sympathize with each other. I am taking carisoprodol for fibro pain. that is what I am taking at the moment, as I have had such bad reactions to many of the pain relievers. and which one of us just wants to mask our pain. we need something done in our behalf
diney1957 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote