View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 10:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile An "old newbie" resurfacing

Hi All.... It's Amy Kate.

I've been AWOL for quite some time, but wanted to say that I am back and that I have FINALLY RECEIVED A DIAGNOSIS!!!! YAY!!!!

It took 18 months, and I saw 4 different neurology groups in 2 different states (none of which actually came up with the final diagnosis) but just within the past 2 weeks I got a diagnosis. And the diagnosis is.......

TBI/PCS (Traumatic Brain Injury/Post Concussive Syndrome)

So... if anyone remembers (yeah right!) or reads a few of my posts, I had a multitude of symptoms. BUT I had forgotten that I had fallen and hit my head a month before all the "fun" (not) started. The doctors also believe I contracted a case of encephalitis towards the beginning of all this as well.... so I had Encephalitis, as I was dealing with (unbeknownst and forgotten by me) my 8th documented concussion. (So, I can certainly give those NFL players a run for their money!!! Too bad I can't sue the commissioner!!! )

Anyways..... just wanted to say hi, let you know that I'm baaaack!! (So sorry... ) And, while I have the same symptoms, and nothing has improved, at least I have a name for all this.... besides "crazy".

So, I hope to be hanging around.... likely in the TBI/PCS group, though I am hoping to reconnect with some of the ppl I chatted with before... I think in the "limbo" group, but of course, I can't remember anyone's names. Heck, I can't remember last Tuesday!! So, if you remember me.... especially my girl friend from the south... TN? NC? .... find me!!

Thanks all.... and I hope things are looking up for you all!!!

Amy Kate
Amy Kate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote